Sat, Nov 16|
Ellicott City, MD
Maryland Labor + EpiDoula Weekend Training
Join us on Saturday & Sunday for a dynamic Labor Doula and EpiDoula training workshop toward certification.
Time & Location
Nov 16, 2019, 9:00 AM – Nov 17, 2019, 6:00 PM
Ellicott City, MD, Ellicott City, MD 21042, USA
About the Event
Imagine a fulfilling career supporting mothers through pregnancy, childbirth, and their newborn! You can make such an impact on the world, and future generations! Mothers crave this non-judgmental, nurturing support, and you bring your open heart to give it. Maybe you find yourself naturally drawn to this kind of caring for others? Now is the time to pursue those dreams and make doing this as your career, a reality! You can do something so natural, while blessing your family financially. There is no better way to fulfill your calling.
Your trainer Anne Croudace is the Director of MaternityWise and has 6 children of her own, with 3 hospital and 3 home births (2 of which were accidentally unassisted). She has been a doula for over 26 years and has created and built multiple 6-figure birth and postpartum care agencies in 3 different cities. Her humor, hands-on teaching techniques and gripping story-telling will help you to remember and apply the lessons that you can't learn from a book! She does not do many trainings outside of NYC, so this is a special treat for you! Don't miss this opportunity to learn from the best!
At this relaxing and fun workshop, we will focus on you! We talk you through start to finish, how to find clients, secure contracts and support those families through every twist and turn to a happy end of your care. We'll also teach you how to "exit interview" in a way that will bring in free, word of mouth marketing for you for years to come. During the 2 day weekend, we will participate in many individual and group activities:
- Close your eyes and benefit from special birth-related aromatherapy as you learn about essential oils,
- Relax your body and your mind with new, labor specific massage techniques,
- Drink detoxifying teas and nourish your body with vegetarian, healthy and low carb foods,
- Think through trouble shooting and brainstorm ways to deal with difficult situations before you encounter them, and work on deeply transformative personal introspections about your own life calling.
- Your perspective and ability to provide amazing service to your clients and prioritize self-care will come into balance. You will practice gentle movement to keep your body awake and your mind alert.
- Welcome new and unique techniques only taught in our workshops such as how to utilize the Hawaiian "Ha" or breathe of life in your practice. Another very special technique you'll find indispensable, is learning the baby rotation hula :) from our island-loving trainer.
Saturday, 12pm-8pm: Labor Doula Focus
Sunday, 9am-7pm: More Labor Focus followed by the EpiDoula (lowering complications including maternal mortality, specific to epidural use)
If you're interested, please get your deposit in. The pricing is all-inclusive. This means it includes your Membership fee ($49) and your Certification Packet fees ($29 each course) as well as the cost of the Workshops themselves, manual, extra materials like business creation support kit, tools, samples and lunch each day. You will also be invited to attend all Birth-Business-Building webinars we offer online - also for free. When you do the Combo Training (meaning you attend all workshops this weekend) you will save a lot or time and money! You can also utilize a payment plan. Pay 1/2 now as your registration deposit and pay the other half before, or by the weekend before the training.
If you are military, please let us know and you will receive another $50 off your total tuition balance. Thank you for your service and sacrifice!
We look forward to meeting you and serving you through this transformative weekend of education and fun.
Early Bird Maryland Labor+Epi
Early Bird ends October 1, 2019.
Deposit Maryland Labor+Epi
Reserve your spot with a deposit
Pay in Full Maryland Labor+Epi
Pay in full after Early Bird deadline