Fri, Jan 19|
Integral Yoga Institute
NYC Super Doula Workshop Combo
Labor Doula, EpiDoula, Postpartum Doula and Lactation - all in 1 efficient weekend training workshop (toward approved certification) that incorporates how to actually run your business so you can BE a doula. Get a well-rounded education for supporting families!
Time & Location
Jan 19, 2024, 9:00 AM EST – Jan 21, 2024, 6:00 PM EST
Integral Yoga Institute , 227 W 13th St, New York, NY 10011, USA
About the Event
We will now be hosted and sponsored by the Integral Yoga Institute in Manhattan - which is an easy location to get to, just a 5 min walk from the subway! Hooray! See you there!
Imagine a fulfilling career supporting families through pregnancy, childbirth, and caring for their newborn! You can make such an impact on the world, and future generations! Families crave this non-judgmental, nurturing support, and you bring your open heart to give it. Maybe you find yourself naturally drawn to this kind of caring for others? Now is the time to pursue those dreams and make doing this as your career, a reality! You can do something so natural, while blessing your family financially. There is no better way to fulfill your calling.
If you are supporting BIPOC communities, please let us know and you will be given a discount code for $100 off your total tuition balance. Thank you for your service to famlies at greatest risk for maternal and infant mortality!
Lead Trainer for this workshop: Anne Wallen
She trainer has 6 children of her own (3 hospital, 3 home births). She has been a doula for over 30 years and is one of our beloved "Mothers" of MaternityWise, co-founder in 2002 and current Director. Her humor, hands-on teaching techniques and gripping story-telling will help you to remember and apply the lessons that you can't learn from a book!
At this relaxing and fun workshop, we will focus on your skill set! We talk you through start to finish, how to find clients, secure contracts and support those families through every twist and turn to a happy end of your care. We will give you skills that improve birth outcomes for families no matter what path to delivery they find themselves on.
During the 3 day weekend, we will participate in many activities:
- We will go over the things you can't learn in a book - nurturing touch, understanding nonverbal cues, insider secrets for doulas and all maternity caregivers.
- Close your eyes and benefit from special birth-related aromatherapy as you learn about essential oils.
- Learn new, labor specific positioning and pain relief techniques. Practice individually and as a group.
- Welcome unique skills only taught in our workshops, such as how to utilize the Hawaiian "Ha" or breathe of life in your practice for birth, postpartum and breastfeeding.
- Another very special technique you'll find indispensable, is learning the baby rotation hula :) from our island-loving trainer.
- Relax your body and your mind with a free, gentle yoga intro class during the workshop.
- Break down clear steps to supporting breastfeeding from that very first latch after delivery.
- Visualize core hurts that can trigger postpartum mood disorders and how to turn things around.
- De-mystify the topics that are used to confuse or keep clients in the dark. Learn in-depth about placentas, fetal heart tones, and understand the push for induction.
- Gain new insights that continue to come out about how Covid has changed the way babies (and placentas) grow in utero.
- Drink detoxifying teas and nourish your body with vegetarian, healthy breakfasts and lunches each day (included in the price), learn specific nutritional tips for pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding.
- Think through trouble shooting and brainstorm ways to deal with difficult situations before you encounter them, and work on deeply transformative personal introspections about your own life calling.
- Your perspective and ability to provide amazing service to your clients and prioritize self-care will come into balance.
- Cultural competency will be covered with a focus on recognizing medical manipulation and other ways that racism and intersectionality comes into play within maternal care - and specific, practical tools of HOW TO HELP!
Friday, 9am-6pm: Labor Doula Focus
Saturday, 9am-1pm: EpiDoula Focus (lowering complications including maternal mortality, specific to epidural use)
Saturday, 1pm-6pm: More Labor Doula and Lactation Support Focus
Sunday, 9am-5pm: Postpartum Doula and Lactation Support Focus
If you're interested, please get your deposit in. Registration closes 1 week before the workshop.
Ticket Pricing Includes:
Attendance at the workshop
Full Enrollment into the program
Lifetime Membership with MaternityWise
Entry to Private Facebook group
Private, student-led study groups
Professional, On-going Mentor
Manuals, Certification Packets, Orientation
Credentialing Application fees
Breakfast and Lunches each day
1 free yoga class
Gifts, samples, tools to use
Ticket Pricing DOES NOT Include:
Required Reading Books
When you do the Combo Training (meaning you attend all workshops this weekend) you will save a lot or time and money!
You can also utilize a payment plan. To use a payment plan, just pay your registration DEPOSIT now and then a payment plan will be sent to you for the remaining balance.
We look forward to meeting you and serving you through this transformative weekend of education and fun.
Early Bird Pay In Full - NYC
Pay for your registration in full before Nov 30 and get $100 discount.$1,175.00Sale ended
Pay in Full - NYC Super Combo
This ticket pays for your full enrollment into the certification program. The only thing this doesn't cover is your 3 required reading books. You may get those in whatever format you like.$1,275.00
Reg Deposit NYC Super Combo
Pay this deposit to hold your seat. Balance will be broken down into smaller amounts, to be paid over time. We will work with you to create a payment plan outlining dates and amounts after you purchase this deposit ticket.$375.00